Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Reminder for Gnome Panel

This is the program that lets us to enter the text and time at which it should be reminded me. The command has the following options
  • -d: date eg:  17/3/2009
  • -t : time [ It's should be entered as 24hr clock] eg:   20:00:00
  • -r : reminder text [ It should be entered in between a double quotes ] eg: "This is a test"
  • -p :priority [ I hav'nt implemented it yet . Kept it for future implementation.] eg : 1
  • -b :Remind me before [ By using it we can change the default remind before time of 5mins ie it is used to remind from a specific mins before the time we have scheduled to remind. It is specified in mins] eg: 5
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time::Local;
my @date;
my @time;
my $d=0,$t=0,$r=0,$p=0,$b=0;
my @deftime=localtime();
$deftime[5]+=1900;
$deftime[4]++;
my $dv="$deftime[3]/$deftime[4]/$deftime[5]",$tv="$deftime[2]:$deftime[1]:$deftime[0]",$rv="",$pv=1,$bv=0;
foreach $argnum (0 .. $#ARGV)
{
if($ARGV[$argnum] eq "-d")
{
$d=1;
$dv=$ARGV[$argnum+1];
}
elsif($ARGV[$argnum] eq "-t")
{
$t=1;
$tv=$ARGV[$argnum+1];
}
elsif($ARGV[$argnum] eq "-r")
{
$r=1;
$rv=$ARGV[$argnum+1];
print "Remind Text:$rv\n";
}
elsif($ARGV[$argnum] eq "-p")
{
$p=1;
$pv=$ARGV[$argnum+1];
print "Priority:$pv\n";
}
elsif($ARGV[$argnum] eq "-b")
{
$b=1;
$bv=$ARGV[$argnum+1];
print "Remind Before:$bv\n";
}
}
@date=split('/',$dv);
print "Date:$dv\n";
@time={0,0,0};
@time=split(':',$tv);
print "Time:$tv";
$date[1]--;
my $time=timelocal($time[2],$time[1],$time[0],$date[0],$date[1],$date[2],);
my $nowtime=timelocal(localtime());
my $difftime=$time-$nowtime;
print "\nTime Of Alarm:".$time."\nTime Now:".$nowtime."\nDifference in Seconds:".$difftime."\n";

open (FH,">>/home/rsrijith/perl/reminder");
print FH "$time:$pv:$bv:$rv\n";
close FH;
This code is part of the Perl Panel Code. The related codes to this are:

No comments:

Post a Comment